Feb 12, 2013

Love languages


What are love languages you ask? Love language is how you communicate and accept love. There are five languages...
  • Words of Affirmation
  • Acts of Service
  • Quality Time
  • Gifts
  • Physical Touch
Each one of these languages are presented differently. Words of Affirmation is where kind words need to be spoken to communicate love with the individual. In this language words speak louder than actions. This is the opposite of Acts of Service, which is where actions and services done for your loved one show your love. People who speak this language will show their love through serving. Next is Quality Time which is exactly how it sounds, spending special one on one time with this person will express your love for them. This means your undivided attention with no distractions. Gifts is another love language and it's pretty simple. Love is expressed through gifts, this person is often looking for the effort and thoughtfulness behind the gift. The last language is Physical Touch. People who speak this language are often primary touchy. They show their love through hugs, kisses, and even pats on the back. 

I found I speak primary, Quality Time, Physical Touch, and Gifts. I find spending time with people is where I bond the most. I also really like the feeling of someone wanting to spend time with me, it shows their love and compassion. I think Physical Touch is important as well, I show love through hugs most of time, depending how close I am with a person. The last language I find myself speaking is gifts. I really enjoy trying to think of creative ideas to get my friends as gifts. I also find it extremely loving when friends or family members get me gifts randomly, it makes me feel like they were thinking about me.

If you still don't know what your love language is check out this quiz, http://www.5lovelanguages.com/profile/ and it should give you a pretty accurate description of what your language is. I thought love languages was a pretty cute idea for Valentines day. Even if you don't have that "special" someone don't worry. You can spend this holiday with other loved ones and have an even better time:)

I would love to hear your Valentines plans! and what love language you speak! Be sure to comment down below:)

-XOXO Lex<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design