Jan 20, 2013

Concert.



 Yesterday, January 32nd, I witnessed one of my favorite bands live, All Time Low. It was fabulous :P Anyways this was my second time seeing them preform, over the summer I saw them at warped but it was a whole different experience. Lemme just explain the whole story, (btw if you don't wanna hear this long-drawn out story I'm going to have a separate post on what I'm wearing) the day of the concert I had a half day at my school, I was extremely thankful because it gave us, aka my friend Monica (pictured above) and I enough time to get really ready. However we skipped the getting ready part till we arrived at the hotel. The concert was at the Orbit room in Grand Rapids so it was a little far from my town, we thought it would be best to just stay the night in a hotel. After hours of riding in the car, we checked into our hotel. This is the part where we got ready :) Once we were all dressed up, we snapped a few pics and drove to the venue, which was right around the corner... we did get lost though and had to stop in Menards for directions, people looked at us like we were crazy, probably because I was wearing shorts in 10 degree weather. Once we arrived at the venue it was 6:30, the concert started at 7. The line crossed the entire parking lot, it was huge... And the horrible thing was I had to wait in the freezing "Michigan" cold till they opened the doors at 7:10. Luckily I had a blanket, but I was still frozen. As we entered the building I worried they would take away our camera, cause supposedly you aren't allowed to bring "professional" cameras but we hid it in our bag and nobody noticed. The concert was standing only, so it was kinda like a first come first serve. Monica and I were towards the middle, in between some nice smelling guys when Fireworks started playing. That was the opener, they were pretty good but I wasn't familiar with there lyrics and they kinda looked really old... not to offend any of their fans! They only played a couple of songs then Yellowcard started. I know one or two of their songs but like I said before, I came for All Time Low. I never thought Yellowcard would end, they played practically the longest set possible. I also realized there were a lot of Yellowcard fans there, especially ones who loved to mosh. If you don't know all this concert lingo search it up, it's something I try to say away from because I'm not the toughest girl:p. By the time All Time Low started there was a lot pushing going on, but we managed to get up to the front. We were surprisingly really close and it made the whole concert experience even better. All Time Low was hilarious on stage, I love how they really interact with their audience. They had everyone chanting and screaming and having a wonderful time. After their set ended they came back on for an encore, where they played a few of my favorite songs! Alex and Jack are definitely my favorite, probably because they are the most entertaining:) Once the concert ended we bought some merch and headed back to the hotel. We stopped at Wendys to grab some food and they DIDN'T HAVE FROSTYS! How can Wendys not have frostys....? After that disappointment we got back to the hotel room and collapsed, we were both exhausted from such a wonderful night. :)

I hope you enjoyed reading my concert experience:) I would to hear yours, well if you attended any recently! I'd love to hear what you are listening to as well, I'm trying to expand my music tastes and other opinions really help.

-XOXO Lex






No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design