Jul 24, 2012

Footsteps through the city

Footsteps through the city was inspired by my recent trip to Grand Rapids. It's a very polished and chic look. A classic little black dress meets fringe. I wore this look to tour, the one and only, Kendall College of Art and Design. It's a upcoming arts college in the conservative city of Grand Rapids. It recently started a wonderful fashion program.
Anyways, enough about the college, I'm wearing a lace backless dress from Urban Outfitters. (I wish I had pictures of the back to show you all. I highly recommend these dresses, they have them in multiple colors at Urban and they are probably dirt cheep now because I got mine a long time ago.) With my dress I wore a chain and pearl belt which I cinched at my waist. For accessories I paired a similar bracelet, which had the pearl and flower detail. Another accessory I'm wore but isn't visible are a pair of large pearl earrings. To create a modern twist I added a maroon clutch from Target which had gold rings and fringe on the side. For shoes I wore a pair of maroon slipper inspired flats also from Target.
I can't forget about hair ad makeup. For makeup I'm wearing a DIY tinted moisturiser, Concealer from Clinique, Plum Foolery blush by Mac, my gel eyeliner by Maybelline, Lash Blast by Covergirl, and I don't remember what's on my lips! My hair is curled with a curling wand like usually.

I hope you enjoyed today's outfit of the day! What do you think of 2012's summer trends, lace, backless, fringe, etc? What's your favorite?

-Lex<333

 


5 comments:

  1. nice dress :)
    my favorite :)

    visit my blog

    tamaritza.blogspot.com

    I follow your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll check out your blog as well!

      Delete
  2. you are so cute! I love those heart glasses you have on in the header! Also in love with the fringe clutch, never would have guessed its from Target! XX- Mint Clothing Company

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design